Wednesday 20 March 2013

Why Blog?

Blogging is like journaling, except people can read your entries.  With that in mind, I will be careful what I write but will also be as candid as possible.  I want to write about being a mom, rather trying not to be a mom.  Let me explain.  Since entering the all consuming, exhausting role of "mom" I have struggled with trying to hold on to the self I left behind.  And I as muddle my way through the early years I find myself wanting to find her again and also plan for who I want to be when I get to the other side.  I love being a mom, it's often magical, but I also miss just being Tasha.  When I say "get to the other side" I understand motherhood is a lifelong commitment, but a time will come when my children will need me less.  They will venture out into their own worlds and I will be given more time to continue my own personal adventure.  I vow not to be swallowed whole by motherhood, but to embrace it, enjoy it, and sometimes sneak away from it.  This blog will be my journal of returning to pre-mom, and planning for post-mom while simultaneously relishing the now-mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment