Monday 28 October 2013

Game of Thrones

It is time for me to reclaim my throne.

For too long now I have sacrificed my rightful place as queen of my castle.  I have kept open the door to the throne room and welcomed the young ones inside when in truth, I long for the throne alone. 

In the beginning I kept the door open for safety.  I needed to be able to see and hear my young, to ensure they were out of harms way. 

As time went on the door remained opened out of habit and comfort for the children, for they are at ease when they know the whereabouts of their mother.

Slowly I began closing the door, although I have not yet ventured to lock it.  In fact, the door remains open a tiny crack so that should my children need me they can reach me quickly, or I can swing open the door and call to them if necessary. 

This tiny crack however, allows for many breaches in privacy.  Many times I have had to zip up sweaters, kiss booboos, settle disagreements between siblings all while sitting upon the throne.  And the children are not the only creepers.  The family's friendly dog will often push open the door for a loving pat on the head.

I have reached a new level of frustration and have decided to initiate the lock.  I will also ensure the fan is on to eliminate outside noise and an ample supply of magazines will be at arms reach at all times.  I look forward to this new phase of my reign and I encourage all of you to follow my lead if you haven't done so already. 

Happy throning!

No comments:

Post a Comment